12.01.2008

Visions of the Present

Halloween has come and long gone, so what happened to all the things I wore for my costume? As I mentioned before, I never buy a costume for the sake of dressing up. All the components are ready-to-wear. This year's ensemble was decidedly futuristic, but the pieces also very here and now. Here are some snapshots of what I did with the clothing and accessories.

The dress:

[Old Navy dress worn as top, Converse One Star for Target jacket, Gap skirt, Givenchy wooden sandals. The necklace is one of my earliest designs.]

The tights and hairband:



[Claire's hairband, my own dagger necklace, Mike & Chris shrug, Gap knit tank, Forever 21 skirt, Express tights, Nine West sandals, Kenneth Cole bag (my everyday bag).]



Almost forgot about the boots!



[Express hat, Mighty Fine t-shirt, Mike & Chris vest, Target bag, Isko jeans, Target boots.]

The sunglasses:



[Donna Karan sunglasses, my own Chomping Through the Meadows necklace, Gap dress, Target bag and tights (with dots!).]

Here's what happened to the other pair of sunglasses that I planned to wear with the outfit but ultimately didn't. They are so sleek that I call them "secret agent glasses." It was yet another great $30-and-under find at Loehmann's.

[Miu Miu sunglasses, Old Navy blouse, BCBG blazer, my work phone. Not shown: dark jeans with gold Christian Lacroix flats]


[UPDATE: They're shown now!]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking gorgeous..! I love your outfits. I too got a nice top from Old Navy.

Anonymous said...

I love how you reworked the tights. Subtle but still eye-catching. & the boots are awesome.

Muttersome said...

Gotta say, I love, love, love those Lacroix flats. Too bad we don't get to see them again in the last pic.

Sales Rack Raider said...

Thanks, y'all!

Muttersome--they're shown now!

Anonymous said...

that f21 skirt in the second outfit is gorgeous! those are amazing blue tights too

Diva Discount said...

Ah, got to love the big L for discount designer sunglasses!

Good Reuse of fabulous finds!