11.04.2006

Sale Event [LA]: Original Trends Fabulous Holiday Fashion Bazaar

I got a "VIP" invite a week or two ago from the good folks organizing the Original Trends Fabulous Holiday Fashion Bazaar, which will be held on Saturday, November 18 at the Seeley Lofts in Glendale. Since the "VIP" invite gives me a few free perks, I thought I'd check it out. It'll be a nice treat to start the day, given that I'd be spending that whole weekend preparing for trial. =(

The sale features independent designers, with prices ranging from 40-80% off. It's not limited to just clothing--jewelry/accessory designers and vendors for beauty/bath goods will be there too. I prefer buying from emerging designers because they offer decidedly non-cookie-cutter looks. Besides, it's nice to help fledging labels on their way to become the Next Big Thing. Even if I don't buy anything, it's still nice to look around and see what's up-and-coming.

Here's the "fine print": the sale runs 10:30 to 5:30. There is a general admission fee of $3 if you RSVP to RSVP@originaltrends.com, or $5 at the door. If you bring 2 friends with you, one (or yourself) gets in for free! If you're there early, you'll get a goodie bag worth over $150, but since there's only 300 of them, you want to get there really early. I don't know what the street parking situation is, but valet is $3.

No comments: