7.17.2008

To Hav and to Hold

The Bobbi Brown-designed Life's a Beach Havaianas I ordered from Saks Fifth Avenue (for less than $10!) finally landed on my doorsteps today...literally. I came home and the box was laying right across the doorway.

They are as cute as I imagined the to be. The color scheme is simply awesome. However, I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the construction. On the underside of one of the flip-flops, the peg that holds the throng strap in place is bent and crooked--not what I'd expect in a $15 pair of flip-flops. But then again, they are flip-flips, and it is not in their nature to last forever and ever.

If you are so inclined to procure a pair while it is still available with free shipping, I would recommend sizing up. I was a little confused by the description on the SFA site--they're true to size, but if something is marked a 6/7, then it's a 6. Hmm...this description doesn't make sense until I actually got the flip-flops and saw what was printed on the shoe (see below). Since my feet are on the smaller side, I decided to go with 6/7 instead of 7/8. The pair I have does fit, but had I known that 6/7 really meant a solid 6, I would have sized up.


3 comments:

Fashion Addict said...

Less than $10 and from Saks Fifth Avenue? Wow, that's genius. I don't wear flip flops regularly, so I'm not good with sizes, so I'm glad I read this!

BTW, would you like to do a link exchange with me?

Sales Rack Raider said...

Fashion Addict--sure! Your blog is a fun read.

Fashion Addict said...

thanks for adding my link!