10.18.2009

Double Trouble

"A wide double-buckled stretchy belt that fits" is a fairly specific accessory, perhaps too much so--it has been oh-so elusive. Because my waist is fairly small, it has been all but impossible to find a stretchy belt that doesn't slide down to my hips.

Fortunately, I finally found one at Forever 21. The stretchy portion is constructed of a raffia-like material instead of the obvious elastic. Cheap without looking cheap...now that's what I'm talking about!

I've also wanted a skeleton key necklace for a very long time. I was looking for a single key on a single chain, but the necklace at Forever 21 that I ended up buying had two sitting on attached chains. I may take them apart at some point, but the status quo works for me right now.

[Forever 21 grayish-purple fleece bomber, necklace, sunglasses, and belt; Gap t-shirt dress; Giuseppe Zanotti grommeted sandals.]



Wow...I didn't realize that so many components of my outfit came from Forever 21. I really don't shop there all that much, but when I do, I tend to be pretty picky about the pieces I buy because I want them all to last. The fleece bomber, which I found for $5 a few years ago, has been one of the most versatile pieces in my closet. California weather veers from cool to hot and back again all on the same day; warm layers with short sleeves are the most appropriate pieces for bridging the gap. When I'm sick and the outdoor temperature has a 10-15 degree differential on the indoor conditions (80-something degrees vs. the low 70s), I count on jackets like these to keep me from getting even more sick.

3 comments:

THE DIVINITUS said...

This is a nice monochrome look.

Elaine said...

I love it! That belt is awesome. I've been looking for one like that. Except the only places I"ve been shopping at these days seems to be thrift stores. and I"m pretty sure I won't be finding a double belt there. And F21 is great for basics!!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

ambika said...

I'm the same way about F21--the quality is so hit & miss, you really have to pay attention to the fabric contents.