6.12.2009

Phoenix


Just got back from another work trip, this time from Phoenix, AZ. It was quite a challege, both professionally and sartorially. Deciding what to pack was rather difficult, since the weather of the two places I shuttled between could not be more different--it's in the 60s in LA, while the rental car's thermometer measured 95-97 in Phoenix (and I was actually told that is actually "nice weather" and "unseasonably cool" for this time of the year, which is usually in the triple digits). On top of that, I had to stay an extra day, which I didn't plan for.

For my work outfits, I made do with everything I brought with me. Good thing I travelled with an extra pair of shoes and a pair of flip-flops (for walking around my hotel room). The footwear really helped make the outfits look different. The only reason why I actually had to shop was because my PJs kept me too warm, and I had to find something lighter to sleep in during the second night. I ended up finding something fabulously great for $1.07. More on that next time.

Here's my wardrobe remix, starting from the time I left the office and headed straight for the airport. I decided to wear flats to make security checks easier, and kept the pumps in my duffle. I had planned out my work outfit for the second day, but the post-work outfit (on Day 1) and the Day 2 work outfit were improvisations.

[Items remixed: F21 coat, Vivienne Westwood Red Label drapey blouse, Express tank, Citizens of Humanity Catalina jeans (almost forgot I had them; they were so comfortable for the flight), Bloch London flats, BCBG green sleeveless top, Forever 21 pants, Calvin Klein pumps, Bobbi Brown for Havianas flip-flops, Issac Mizrahi for Target cardigan.]








I'm just glad to be home.

No comments: