9.14.2007

No such thing as a free lunch?

As they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Or is there? I got free lunch a couple of times courtesy of work, but I've also pulled a couple of 12+ hour days this week (which is why I haven't posted very frequently). I wouldn't call it bartering, though...I guess you can say I choose to stay there. But I'll end the philosophizing here.

So perhaps lunch isn't free, but lunchtime freebies are. Yesterday Maybelline had a big trailer parked at a big outdoor mall near my work, and they gave free samples. This is probably the most generously-sized free sample I've ever gotten. It's the exact kind of Great Lash mascara that you can buy at the store. I've always wanted to try it out, and now I can. They also had a "mascara bar" with makeup artists standing ready, but I had to get back to work.

I need to bring my lunch there more often. I love free samples.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for pointing out that my treasury made the front page. By the time I got up yesterday, it was already replaced but it's nice to know someone liked it enough to put it up--even if it was the middle of the night in the U.S.

Muttersome said...

Hope you're enjoying your new job! It sounds like a challenge.