3.11.2006

Spring Sample Sales

I don't know why, but it seems like the sample sale season restarts with a bang soon after Fashion Week. Perhaps designers are trying to clear out their showroom for the new stuff.

Now is the time to keep your eyes peeled. Visit sites with sales listings early and often, but don't be lazy and rely on just one site. I check the BargainsLA listings pretty frequently and found out that Rachel Pally is having a sale next weekend, and SunWalters is also doing spring cleaning. Normally I don't pay much attention to Daily Candy listings since most of the "sales" aren't all that cheap anyways, but I found out yesterday via the "Daily Candy Weekend Guide" that the Cooper Building was having a sample sale (this sale was not listed on Bargains LA). It was rather bizarre, since sample sales are generally at the end of the month, but since I can't go at the end of this month (or the next, etc.), it was a real treat. I got myself a Pegah Anvarian top for $20; it would have been $50 (which makes sense when retail was over $200), but it was placed on the $20 rack, so yay for me =). I asked the people in the showroom why they had this sale so early, and they said that they just had extra stuff they needed to get rid of. Sounds like my theory is on the right track...

No comments: