7.19.2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

If I look at things logically, I ought to have outgrown glitter and stars. However, sometimes I just can't help it.

I've been ooohing and awwwing over a pair of shoes with a martini heel and a pave-laden star on it, but the price was just prohibitive for a pair of shoes that better suits someone younger than I. After months of waiting, the price at DSW finally dropped to about 80% off retail, and surprisingly, there were many pairs left, including a pair in my size. Part of me thought that it is rather foolish to buy something that is arguably too cute for a grown woman. The other part of me thinks that I am still young enough to make them work, so why not have fun with them while I still can? The latter school of thought won out--carpe diem, right?

There's no doubt that they look cute, but to my surprise, these shoes can actually look quite glamorous, whether I'm wearing a vintage dress or a Casual-Friday-then-straight-for-the-weekend outfit. I think that they would be fairly discrete when partially concealed with a pair of long slacks as well. It's hard to go wrong with a black patent leather base, no matter what the embellishments are.

[Vintage look: hair flower from Arden B from ages ago, vintage dress thrifted from Goodwill, Liz Claiborne reversible belt, Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes.]




[Casual Friday: tweed jacket from Express (clearance + gift card = a clear winner), t-shirt from a dance club, Goldsign "Envy" jeans, Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes. Rings--rock crystal ring made by me, the other two are from Etsy.]




7 comments:

Hanh, Life-in-Travel said...

The two outfits are diferrent personality but I love them both!!!!


Hanh,

ThatBeeGirl said...

so great how you've managed to pair those awesome shoes with two very different outfits!

Muttersome said...

I've really enjoyed the evolution of your style over the last couple years of reading...these are so chic!

Sales Rack Raider said...

Thanks everyone!

Muttersome--my style definitely changed over these last few years. I still can't put a finger on how, but it's all good and fun. :-)

Elaine said...

Who cares... It looks SO good on you!! I love how you styled it in both outfits. The flower in your hair is really cute :)


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

s.i. michaels said...

I think I've said before that your shoe collection is beyond enviable but seriously, these are *killer*.

Sales Rack Raider said...

Thanks! I'm glad I got them after all.