3.26.2009

The end of the beginning--the Mike & Chris "Going Out of Business" sale

This is it...or is it?

Mike & Chris had been holding several sample sales in rapid succession, and I missed all of them. The one scheduled for this Saturday has been billed as the "Going Out of Business" sale. That was a little surprising, given a recent interview I read recently of the Mike half of the duo about upcoming collections. On one hand, the rock-bottom pricing sounds like a BK liquidation to me; on the other hand, there are new designs coming out. Huh?

According to Daily Candy, the liquidation sale is for the original business entity that launched the Mike & Chris label. Since the trademark was licensed to a manufacturer, and the founding designers are still designing, it's not quite the end of the line for the clothing line. That, I'm sure, is good news for many fans of stylish and comfy hoodies.

In any event, the sale will be held this Saturday from Noon to 6 p.m. at 2900 Rowena Avenue in Silver Lake, between Hyperion and W. Silver Lake Blvd. I won't be able to take advantage of this one either (drats!) because I'll be in the Baltimore/DC area this weekend. Luckily, a friend of mine kindly volunteered to be on the lookout for something that would work for me. For those of you who couldn't afford the Real McCoy before, this sale is one you don't want to miss.

No comments: