6.18.2008

Free and Freely

My brain gets hampered by great limitations when it comes to writing for long stretches of time, but tonight I must surpass those bounds. I have to finish something for work before dawn's early light, but after working really, really long hours for the last couple of days, I just need a little break. So, of course, I break by doing more writing. Makes perfect sense.

It's starting to get very hot these days, and it's getting tougher and tougher to wear suits. After getting soaked to the skin yesterday in a collared shirt, I opted for a light, stretchy sleeveless top underneath my suit jacket today. It's nice to wear things that lets me move freely, particularly when my day is far from being free.

This weekend I'm going to treat myself to doing something fun. In the morning, I'll head to the Splendid/Ella Moss sample sale in Downtown LA. Due to my work schedule, I hardly ever go to sample sales anymore. This would be a good one to hit for me. Ever since I got my Ella Moss dress from that same location for the work Christmas party, I've wanted to get more light, flouncy, playful yet graceful (and wearable-under-suits) pieces from the line. Unfortunately, they usually don't come cheap, so I'm glad this opportunity came up. I also like the basics from the Splendid line, since they're soft and colorful; they're easier to come by at Nordstrom Rack for a pretty good price, but a sample sale saves me the trouble of having to dig around. The sample sale will be in the 8th floor of the Cooper Building (860 S. Los Angeles Street) in the Fashion District this Friday and Saturday from 9 to 4.

In the afternoon, I'll hit the free Make Music Pasadena event in Pasadena. A number of awesome artists are going to be there. It's been a while since I got to go to a concert, so I'm pretty excited. Plus it's free!

No comments: