4.06.2008

8 Things

Yulanda tagged me to do this survey. Now that I've given it some thought, here goes...

8 things I'm passionate about:

1) Social justice
2) Conservation
3) Making things
4) Food (both cooking and eating)
5) Dancing
6) Living life to the fullest
7) Fashion
8) Trying new things

8 things I want to do before I die:

1) Fly in a hot air balloon
2) Travel around the world
3) Learn tap dancing, and salsa too
4) Have a giant block party with all of my family and friends, especially the ones I haven't seen for a long time
5) Learn to sing
6) Learn to sew
7) Climb the Half Dome at Yosemite and then Australian-rappel back down (I only know how to rappel down the easy way)
8) Bask in the Tuscan sun and fill up on authentic pasta afterwards

(There's a lot I'd like to learn, that's for sure.)

8 Things I say often:

1) Ya know what I'm sayin'?
2) How's it going?
3) Cool
4) Bring it (when the going gets tough, that is...it's not like I like to go out looking for a fight)
5) Thanks
6) I need a nap
7) Oooh, pretty!
8) Hmm. Weird.

8 Books I've read lately:

Sadly, I haven't had the time to read lately. I used to love to read...nowadays it's down to newspapers and magaines, but here goes my list of "recent" reads...

1) A Civil Action
2) The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
3) How to Be a Budget Fashionista (read it for a book review)
4) The Darwin Awards II
5) One Hundred Years of Solitude
6) The Bonesetter's Daughter
7) and 8)--I honestly can't remember. Must be something law-related.

8 Songs I can listen to over and over again:

1) Minor Swing -- as played by my friend Jonathan Stout
2) Temptation Waits -- Garbage
3) I Will Survive -- as performed by the Puppini Sisters
4) Paper Bag -- Fiona Apple
5) Shake Ya Boggie -- Mocean Worker
6) Four Trucks Sitting in the Snow -- Paper Airplanes
7) Paper Planes -- M.I.A.
8) Jet Lag -- Joss Stone

8 Things that attract me to my best friends:
1) kindness (to one and all)
2) intelligence
3) humor
4) loyalty
5) honesty
6) shared interests
7) thoughtfulness
8) strength of character

I'm tagging...
Ambika
Eli
ThatBeeGirl
Bernie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I love M.I.A. and that Fiona Apple album that 'Paper Bag' was on was vastly underrated.

I'll try to have mine up this week!

Muttersome said...

My first meme ever!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I too would like to fly in a hotair balloon.. once...

EvaAmarri said...

hey love ur blog. would u like to link?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you did this. I'm always curious about the person behind the blog.

continuum said...

Rappelling is cool, Australian rappelling sounds REALLY uncomfortable...

Sales Rack Raider said...

Ambika--can't wait to see it!

Yulanda--thanks for the tag. This was fun! I enjoyed reading yours and others' as well.

Continuum--I know Australian isn't comfortable, but I'm still curious to see how it's like (once is enough, though). I saw a kid run down the side of Point Dume (I don't think you were there that time) and thought it was kinda cool even though it wasn't quite full-on rappelling.

All this talk about rappelling makes me want to go to REI and get that figure 8 apparatus. But before I do that, maybe I should pick up some draws first...