9.01.2011

Scallop and Cucumber Salad

News flash--two posts in two days during crunchtime! But I can't help myself. Since I needed a simple but tasty dinner tonight, I finally got around to trying a cucumber and scallop salad from the New York Times. I think it's worth while to watch this video for the instructions. If you don't have the time, here is the recipe.

A mandolin slicer, which I don't currently have, would have really sped up the process of making the salad. Nonetheless, it was fairly quick, and I actually like to have my cucumber slices a bit thicker and crunchier. I didn't add as much vinegar or salt as the recipe called for, but I like it just the same.

The toasted sesame seeds are listed as a garnish, but in my opinion, they're actually a major ingredient. I really like the nutty taste that they bring.

Next time, I'll need to add a bit more salt to the dressing, and crack some black pepper over the scallops as they cook. Even so, tonight dinner was very satisfying. :)


1 comment:

Alex cox said...

Feel confident and beautiful. Take your beauty and magnify it wherever you go with famous brands that include Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secrets, Woman Within, Raoman, Venus and more. All of these dresses on sale at dealaboo.com.